The tian is a typical Mediterranean dish of layered vegetables and is ideal as a side dish for a barbecue! This recipe uses apples which bring a fruit…
The tian is a typical Mediterranean dish of layered vegetables and is ideal as a side dish for a barbecue! This recipe uses apples which bring a fruity and original twist to the vegetable-based summer recipe! The fact that Pink Lady® apples keep their texture and firmness when cooked leads to a very pleasing mix of textures between the different ingredients.
Preparing the infused oil
- 1 lemon
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
Preparing the garnish
- 2 Pink Lady® apples
- 2 aubergines
- 4 round courgettes
- 1 sweet onion
- salt and pepper
Preparing the infused oilPreparing the garnishAssemblyCooking process
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Zest half of the lemon.
- Prepare the flavoured oil with the olive oil, lemon zest, thyme and rosemary and leave to infuse for one hour or overnight if possible.
- Slice the Pink Lady® apples into circles, leaving the skin intact. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Slice the aubergine, courgettes and onion into circles.
- In a gratin dish, arrange the sliced vegetables and apple in a circle.
- Filter the olive oil to get rid of the aromatic seasonings.
- Pour the flavoured oil on the tian and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes covered with baking paper, then remove the baking paper and bake for another 15 minutes until the tian colours slightly.
Pink Lady® top tip
To vary the flavours, when the tian has finished cooking, add some slice of mozzarella on top and grill to melt.