Tian of Pink Lady® apples with flavoured oil
The tian is a typical Mediterranean dish of layered vegetables and is ideal as a side dish for a barbecue! This recipe uses apples which bring a fruity and original twist to the vegetable-based summer recipe! The fact that Pink Lady® apples keep their texture and firmness when cooked leads to a very pleasing mix of textures between the different ingredients. Find out more
- 2 Pink Lady® apples
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 aubergines
- 4 round courgettes
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 sweet onion
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Zest half of the lemon.
- Prepare the flavoured oil with the olive oil, lemon zest, thyme and rosemary
- and leave to infuse for one hour or overnight if possible.
- Slice the Pink Lady® apples into circles, leaving the skin intact. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Slice the aubergine, courgettes and onion into circles.
- In a gratin dish, arrange the sliced vegetables and apple in a circle.
- Filter the olive oil to get rid of the aromatic seasonings.
- Pour the flavoured oil on the tian and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes covered with baking paper, then remove the baking paper and bake for another 15 minutes until the tian colours slightly.
Pink Lady® top tip
To vary the flavours, when the tian has finished cooking, add some slice of mozzarella on top and grill to melt.
Rate this recipe
Find inspiration with other recipes
- Main dishes