Sublime roast apple Napoleon cake to tantalise the tastebuds of your loved one. Crispy, soft and creamy, it is a delicious blend of flavours and textu…
Sublime roast apple Napoleon cake to tantalise the tastebuds of your loved one. Crispy, soft and creamy, it is a delicious blend of flavours and textures.
- 4 Pink Lady® apples
- 250 g sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 sheet ready-made puff pastry
- 80 g salted butter (preferably)
- 4 small oven-safe glasses
- Pink Lady® apples
- Melt the sugar over low heat, until it turns brown. Add the butter.
- Once cool, arrange the Pink Lady® apples (cut into 8 quarters) in a dish with the caramel. Bake for 40 min at 180°. Let cool.
- Place the puff pastry in the bottom of the glasses and bake for 10 min at 180°. Let cool. Place the caramelised Pink Lady® apples on top, until the glasses are full. Cover with the remaining dough.
- Using a brush, coat the puff pastry with the egg yolk.
- Let brown in the oven for 4 min.
- Serve warm with a spoonful of crème fraîche.
Pink Lady® top tip
Wet the edge of the small glass 1 cm down the side, to seal the dough more easily