The long summer evenings are perfect for enjoying good food – generous individual portions served in small glasses are a lovely way to present this delicious recipe – it’s tiramisu with a twist and it tastes as good as it looks! The Pink Lady® apples caramelise wonderfully in the oven whilst keeping their shape. The spices and lime make for a rounded but fresh flavour. The texture of the apples contrasts with the crunchiness of the biscuits and the soft mousse of the mascarpone cream. A light dessert that will delight the whole family!
For the caramelised apples
- 3 Pink Lady® apples
- 1 lime
- 15 g sugar
- 20 g butter
- Peel and core the apples and dice very finely.
- Sprinkle the apple with lime juice.
- Caramelise the apples with butter and 15g sugar for about 10 minutes. At the end of the cooking time, add a few drops of lime juice.
- Leave to cool and then set aside in the fridge.
For the mascarpone cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 lime
- 80 g sugar
- 250 g mascarpone cream
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Whisk the egg yolks with 55 g sugar until the mixture turns pale.
- Mix the mascarpone with the egg yolk mixture and the zest of 1 lemon and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the mascarpone mixture.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for 2 hours.
Assemble the mini tiramisu
- 15 Speculoos biscuits
- Crush the speculoos biscuits into fine crumbs.
- In each glass, make alternate layers of some crushed biscuit, caramelised apple and citrus-mascarpone cream. Finish with a layer of cream and decorate with a little bit of caramelised apple, a sprinkle of crushed biscuits and lime zest.
- Serve immediately!
Pink Lady® top tip
Don\’t hesitate to vary the flavours according to the season – for example, you could use fresh ginger, mixed spice or vanilla to flavour the apples!