Smoothie bowl – Pink Lady® with red fruit
To jazz-up your breakfast and break away from the old toast routine, why not dive into the ‘smoothie bowl’ crammed with fruit, vitamins and Pink Lady®?! Pink Lady® is ideal for creating a delicious smoothie because the vanilla fragrance of the apple partners perfectly with almonds, seeds and red fruit providing a balance of sharp and smooth(i)ness! The combination of crunchy granola and the sweet fruity smoothie makes this a sumptuous breakfast that is both healthy and fresh! And the combinations are limitless! You can invent a new Pink Lady®® smoothie bowl every day! Find out more
Preparation for the topping
- 1 Pink Lady® apple
- 1 tbsp honey
- 40 g oat flakes
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp cranberries
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 quarter tsp cinnamon
- 1 quarter tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tbsp apple juice
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil / melted butter/ coconut oil…
- 20 almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Finely chop the almonds.
- Mix the oat flakes, pumpkin and sunflower seed, almonds, cranberries and sugar in a bowl.
- Whisk the honey, apple juice, fat, cinnamon and vanilla,
- Pour the mixture over the oat/seed. Fruit mix. Stir well.
- Spread the granola on an oven tray lined with baking parchment.
- Bake for 10 minutes mixing the granola half-way through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Set aside.
- Cut the apple half in half again, and remove the seeds. Make thin slices and squeeze lemon juice over the top to prevent them from turning brown. Set aside.
For the smoothie
- 2 Pink Lady® apples
- 80 g oat flakes
- 50 g frozen raspberries
- 6 fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp almond butter (organic food store)
- 225 ml almond milk
- Core and peel the apples. Cut them into large slices and squeeze lemon juice over the top. Set aside.
- Place the apple pieces, oat flakes, frozen raspberries, strawberries and almond butter in the blender and blend.
- Gradually add the almond milk until you obtain a thick cream. Allow to rest and thicken in the refrigerator for 5 minutes
- 30 g fresh raspberries
- 2 tsp blue poppy seeds
- Pour the smoothie into two bowls.
- Place the thin slices of Pink Lady® apple on top, some granola, poppy seeds and raspberries; add a dash of honey if needed, and enjoy!
Pink Lady® top tip
Set aside the apple peel, sprinkle with some brown sugar and oven bake at 150°C on a lined baking tray for approx. 15 minutes (keep your eye on them) to obtain beautiful apple crisps! If your smoothie isn’t quite sweet enough, you can always add a few dates to the blender in place of sugar!