It’s summer and Pink Lady® is brimming with ideas! Here is a marinated tuna tataki recipe that packs a punch! Delicious and crunchy, the Pink Lady…
It’s summer and Pink Lady® is brimming with ideas! Here is a marinated tuna tataki recipe that packs a punch! Delicious and crunchy, the Pink Lady® apple is at the heart of this summer dish. Finely sliced, it is delicate on the palate and reveals all its unique flavour. Its litchi/vanilla fragrance is the perfect partner for tuna marinated in spices and grilled sesame seeds. The light and slightly sharp sauce compliments the toasted sesame and soft, dense tuna. Let Pink Lady® take you on an epicurean journey, and dive into the exotic with this refreshing recipe.
For the tataki
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cm ginger root
- 8 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tsp honey
- 3 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp five spice
- 4 tbsp golden sesame seeds
- 400 g tuna
For the apple carpaccio
- 3 Pink Lady® apples
- 1 half lemon
For the sauce
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 6 chive stems
- 6 coriander stems
- 1 Pink Lady® apple
For the tatakiFor the apple carpaccioFor the saucePresentation
- Grate the ginger.
- Mix the soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger and five spice.
- Allow to marinate for 30 minutes, in the refrigerator.
- Lightly toast the sesame seeds in a hot, dry frying pan.
- Drain the tuna and return the marinade to the refrigerator. Cut the tuna into three rectangular slices approx. 3 cm thick.
- Pour the olive oil into a hot frying pan and sear the fish for thirty seconds on each side.
- Return the fish immediately to the cold marinade and put back in the fridge for 30 minutes to prevent it from cooking further.
- Before plating up, cut the fish into 1.5cm slices. Set aside.
- Core the apples
- Finely slice into carpaccio. Squeeze over a little lemon juice to prevent the carpaccio from turning brown and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Squeeze the lemons in a bowl.
- Chop the coriander and chives. Set aside.
- Finely dice the Pink Lady® apple and pour directly into the bowl of lemon juice.
- Add the olive oil, honey and half the herbs.
- Season. Mix the sauce. Set aside.
- Roll your tuna slices in the toasted sesame seeds.
- Lay the Pink Lady® apple carpaccio on a plate.
- Place the tuna tataki on top of the apples and pour the marinade over generously.
- Sprinkle with the remaining herbs and salt. Enjoy while fresh!
Pink Lady® top tip
For a stronger flavour and even more visually striking dish, mix golden and black sesame seeds for the ‘crust’.