For World Bee Day, on 20th May, Pink Lady® will be honouring our favourite pollinator. The Association is committed to the protection of bees with it…
For World Bee Day, on 20th May, Pink Lady® will be honouring our favourite pollinator. The Association is committed to the protection of bees with its Bee Pink® programme, and has teamed up with Simone Zanoni, chef at Le George restaurant in Paris, to create a flavoursome recipe made with pollen and honey!
- 3 Pink Lady® apples
- 50 g honey
- 100 g sugar
- 2 vanilla pods
- 1 l whole unpasteurised milk (if possible)
- 150 g rice
- 2 organic egg yolks
Quick lemon compote
- 1 half ½ vanilla pod
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 organic lemons
- 20 g pollen
PreparationQuick lemon compotePresentation
- Heat the milk, add the rice (previously rinsed using cold water), 1 and a half vanilla pods, cut lengthwise, and the honey.
- Cook over low heat for 12 minutes.
- Add the Pink Lady® apples cut into small 4mm cubes, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Mix the egg yolks with the sugar until you obtain custard.
- Cut a whole lemon (peel included) into small cubes, add 3 tablespoons of sugar, 200ml of water and half a vanilla pod and cook over low heat. Once the lemon is cooked, crush it with a mortar and pestle or blend it using a food processor.
- Arrange the rice pudding like a risotto on a large plate. Add a few dots of lemon compote. Add the plain Pink Lady® apple julienne, and the pollen as if it were Parmesan. Then add the zest of a lemon.