Ravioli of Pink Lady® Apples with duck confit & crunchy arugula
The end-of-summer period promises to be delicious thanks to Pink Lady®! It’s back to the classroom with succulent ravioli of Pink Lady® Apples with duck confit, served with a salad of crunchy arugula. The duck confit and melt-in-your-mouth apple come together in subtle harmony. The freshness of the peppery arugula and the tartness of the apple lend the dish a delicate, tasty balance. A scrumptious way to cheer yourself up before heading back to school or to the workplace after summer vacation. Simple and original, these ravioli are the perfect way for little ones and adults alike to head into autumn on the right foot! Find out more
For the filling
- 2 Pink Lady® apples
- 2 shallots
- 1 half lemon
- 2 thighs of duck confit
- 2 tbsp duck grease
- salt and pepper
- Finely chop the shallots.
- Core the apples using an apple-corer and sprinkle with a bit of lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown. Cut the apples into large cubes.
- Mince the duck confit thighs in a bowl.
- Heat up a frying pan and sweat the shallots in the duck grease for 2 minutes.
- Add the diced apple and duck, then lower the heat and cook for 5 minutes over low heat. Add pepper to taste. Set aside.
For the ravioli dough
- 400 g flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pinches of salt
- Pour the flour into a mixing bowl and make a well in the center.
- Break the eggs and pour into the well along with the salt and olive oil. Work the dough until it is elastic and doesn’t stick. Add water or flour as needed, then roll into a ball and refrigerate for 1 hour minimum.
- Divide the dough into two on a countertop covered with a bit of flour. Roll the dough out so that it is 2 mm thick (or use a ravioli machine).
- Cut the dough into circles using a pastry cutter.
- To make the ravioli, place a small spoonful of filling on one half of a pastry round, moisten the edges and fold the round in half, making a half-moon shape. Press lightly on the edges in order to close the ravioli well and stamp the edges with the tines of a fork.
- Lightly sprinkle the ravioli with flour and cook in a large saucepan filled with salted water for 5 minutes. You can cook them in two batches.
For the arugula salad
- 1 Pink Lady® apple
- salt and pepper
- 1 scallion
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 150 g arugula
- Core the apple using an apple-corer and cut it into thin sticks.
- Chop the scallion finely.
- Mix the oils and the vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop the parsley.
- Lay the arugula, apple sticks, scallion and parsley on a plate and then sprinkle with the walnut oil salad dressing. Serve immediately with the ravioli along with crunchy salad.
Pink Lady® top tip
To make the ravioli, you can use a half-moon ravioli mold (available at fine cooking stores). Simply place a circle of dough in the mold, garnish the center of the circle with a bit of filling, then close the ravioli mold!
Find inspiration with other recipes