It’s time to roll up your sleeves, put your apron on and get the barbecue out! Pink Lady®’s suggestion for May is a recipe for summery marinated keba…
It’s time to roll up your sleeves, put your apron on and get the barbecue out! Pink Lady®’s suggestion for May is a recipe for summery marinated kebabs with apple juice and honey. All you have to do is decide who to invite!
For the marinade
- 3 Pink Lady® apples
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 half tsp / ½ tsp thyme
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 lemons
- 1 pork fillet of approximately 400 g
To assemble the kebabs
- 2 Pink Lady® apples
- 8 shallots
- kebab skewers
For the grilled asparagus
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 1 bundle of green asparagus
For the marinadeTo assemble the kebabsFor the grilled asparagus
- Peel 3 Pink Lady® apples.
- Core the apples and cut into pieces.
- Sprinkle with the lemon juice to prevent them turning brown.
- Juice the apples in a juicer in order to obtain 250 ml juice.
- Mix the apple juice with 4 tablespoons of lemon juice, the honey, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut the pork fillet into large chunks.
- Marinate the meat in the mixture, leaving it for at least 1 hour in the fridge or preferably overnight.
- Wash the 2 Pink Lady® apples, cut into large pieces and sprinkle with a little lemon juice.
- Peel the shallots and cut in half lengthways.
- Thread the cubes of meat onto the skewers, adding pieces of apple and shallot in between them.
- Brush the kebabs with a little of the marinade. Cook in an oven preheated to 210°C, or on the barbecue or an electric grill for 20 minutes, turning halfway.
- Wash the asparagus spears and cut off the hard bottom ends.
- Steam the spears for 4 minutes, then plunge into cold water and drain on kitchen towel.
- Brush them with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and grill for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the kebabs immediately with the grilled asparagus.
- Enjoy without delay.
Pink Lady® top tip
If you don’t have a juicer, you can put the apple pieces in a blender for three minutes and then strain the mixture through a sieve using the back of a spoon to push the pulp through!