For the macarons :
- 150 g sugar
- 150 g ground almond
- 38 g water
- 150 g icing sugar
- 100 g of egg-whites at room temperature
- Place the icing sugar and ground almonds into a blender, and mix to obtain a fine powder.
- Pour the powder and half of the egg-whites (50g) into a mixing bowl, mix using a silicone spatula, then set aside.
- In a saucepan, add the sugar and water to make a sugar syrup.
- Stop cooking the syrup at 118ºC and drizzle on the mix while beating the egg-whites, until cold. The meringue is ready once it is firm and shiny.
- Add a little meringue to soften your ground almonds – icing sugar mixture, then add the rest while gently folding and turning the meringue from bottom upwards.
- Transfer the macaron batter into a piping bag (round nozzle) and pipe your macaron shells on a silicone sheet or baking paper.
- To create Chloe’s small ears, place a little bit of macaron batter into a second piping bag, without fitting it with a nozzle. Cut the extreme tip of the bag.
- Let the shells air-dry for 15 minutes. Once they are dry to the touch, bake them for 15 minutes at 145ºC. Then let the macarons cool down.
For the PinKids® compote :
- 4 PinKids® apples
- Wash, peel and cut the apples into pieces.
- Place them in a saucepan and cover with a lid, and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Mash the cooked apples using a fork, and let the compote cool down. To assemble, place a teaspoon of compote on a macaron shell, and top it with another.
- Finally, draw the elements of Chloe’s face (eyes, nose, moustache) using an edible ink pen.