For the cake base
- 50 g flour
- 4 eggs
- 100 g sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks, then gently add the sugar and the flour. Place a small part of the mixture in a bowl and add the egg yolks.
- Add the egg yolk mixture to your previous mixture. Mix from the centre outwards.
- To create the dog-paw decoration, take 2 tablespoons of the cake mixture and add 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray.
- Start with the dog paw decoration : pour the cocoa powder mixture into a piping bag. Cut the bag and make a small hole. To make a paw, make a medium-sized circle, and above it three small circles, spacing them well. Once all the dog paws are ready, bake for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then cover with the rest of the cake mixture and spread it gently. Bake for 15 minutes, then let it cool down.
For the filling
- 4 PinKids® apples
- 100 ml pouring cream
- Meanwhile, prepare the PinKids® compote.
- Wash, peel and cut the PinKids® apples into pieces. Place them in a saucepan, cover with a lid and cook over low heat for 15 minutes. Once cooked, mash the compote with a fork and let it cool down.
- Finally, pour the whipping cream and sugar into a round-bottom mixing bowl, whip with a food processor or hand-held mixer until the obtention of whipped cream.
- To assemble, pour the compote onto the cake base and spread it out, leaving a 2cm margin along one of the edges. Do the same with the whipped cream, then roll the cake. It’s ready now !
- You may refrigerate, or serve immediately.