Here’s a fresh, tasty, simple summer recipe, perfect for holiday meals with family and friends!
- 1 Pink Lady® apple
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g arugula
- 50 g parmesan
- Sea salt
- 700 g very fresh beef carpaccio
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Mixed peppercorns (black, green, pink), to taste
- Using an apple-corer, remove the core from the Pink Lady® apple.
- Slice the apple into thin rounds across-ways, leaving the skin intact. Cut each round into two semi-circles and sprinkle with a little lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown.
- Arrange the beef carpaccio in a circle on a large serving plate, inserting slices of apple in between the slices of beef.
- Using a vegetable peeler, prepare some shavings of parmesan.
- Mix the balsamic vinegar, sea salt and olive oil.
- When you are ready to serve the carpaccio, place some rocket in the centre of the plate, then scatter over the parmesan shavings and the freshly-crushed peppercorns and drizzle over the balsamic dressing.
- Serve immediately.
Pink Lady® top tip
You can use tomato vinegar instead of balsamic if you like!