Pink Lady® mini apple and almond charlottes
The charlotte is a great classic! Originally this dessert was served warm with fresh fruit. Today it is filled with a fruit mousse, cream, or sometimes even ice cream. Most often, it is made using sponge fingers and sometimes bread, brioche or genoise can be used on the outside. For these mini Pink Lady® charlottes, we suggest a combination of a light apple and almond mousse with diced apple. Lightly roasted almonds and apple complement each other well and they also provide a nice crunchy texture! The miniature format makes for a very elegant dessert. The delicious qualities of Pink Lady® are heightened in this recipe. It is fresh with a hint of a crunch and a smooth mousse. Enjoy! Find out more
For the apple mousse
- 1 Pink Lady® apple
- 1 lemon
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 60 g almonds
- 15 g butter
- 70 ml whipping cream
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- Finely chop 60 g of almonds and lightly roast in a dry frying pan.
- Split the vanilla pod and remove the seeds.
- Peel and dice a Pink Lady® apple (you need 200g approx.)
- Squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lemon over the apple, add the zest and the maple syrup.
- Cook the apple in a saucepan with the vanilla seeds and the butter on a medium heat for approx. 5 minutes.
- Add one dessert spoon of sugar, turn the heat up until the apples are golden brown. Stir often.
- Leave to cool
- Whip the cream with 1 dessert spoon of sugar and the vanilla sugar until you obtain a Chantilly cream.
- Blend the apples until you obtain a thin and even mixture.
- Add ¾ of the grilled almonds to the apple purée.
- Add the Chantilly cream to the apple mixture. Lightly blend and chill for one hour.
- 2 Pink Lady® apples
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Peel and core three apples, then dice them.
- Squeeze over the juice of one lemon, the zest and the maple syrup. Stir.
- Chill in the refrigerator.
To assemble the mini-charlottes
- 10 tbsp water
- 6 tbsp apple syrup or sugar syrup
- 40 sponge fingers (approx.)
- Mix the apple syrup (or sugar syrup) and the water
- Line each mould with baking parchment
- Soak the biscuits in a little syrup
- Line the bottoms and the sides of the charlotte moulds with sponge fingers, placing them closely side by side
- Fill the four charlottes with a layer of apple and vanilla mousse and roasted almonds
- Next fill with a layer of diced apple laced with maple syrup and lemon up to one centimetre from the top.
- Seal the charlotte with the biscuits
- Refrigerate the mini charlottes overnight
- Remove from their moulds just minutes before serving. Decorate with strips of apple (juliennes) and sprinkle with the left over almonds.
Pink Lady® top tip
If you don’t have charlotte moulds, you can use a dessert ring lined with parchment. This way, you won’t have to ‘turn out’ the charlottes and you can decorate them with the diced apple and mousse, just like in the recipe.
Find inspiration with other recipes
- Main dishes
- Main dishes