A scrumptious recipe that’s easy to make. Give your kids a healthy start to the school year! These energy bars make a perfect snack to have in their s…
A scrumptious recipe that’s easy to make. Give your kids a healthy start to the school year! These energy bars make a perfect snack to have in their school bag or as a lunch-time treat for the grown-ups!
- 2 Pink Lady® apples
- 20 g flour
- 1 A quarter of a tsp / 1/4 tsp salt
- 90 g almonds
- 360 g oat flakes
- 90 g butter
- 62 g sultanas
- 80 ml milk
- 1 half tsp / ½ tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 and ½ tsp baking powder
- 100 g light brown sugar
- 90 g walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180° C.
- Peel and dice the Pink Lady® apples.
- Put the apple pieces in a small pot. Add a little water. Cover the pot and cook over very low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Chop the almonds and walnuts.
- Melt the butter.
- In a large bowl, mix the almonds, walnuts, raisins, oatmeal, sugar, flour, cooked apples, salt, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add the butter and milk, stir to mix.
- In a square baking pan lined with parchment paper, spread the mix evenly and press firmly in the pan. Bake for about 35 minutes until slightly golden.
- Set aside to cool then cut into square or rectangular bars.
Pink Lady® top tip
You can make snack times fun for little ones by using a cookie cutter to make your cereal bars into different shapes! Store the energy bars in an air-tight tin in the refrigerator for up to one week.