Spring is playing hard to get. To help tempt it along, here’s a seasonal, gourmet recipe that’s fresh and fruity. Your guests will adore this cheesecake – perfect for a barbecue or luxury picnic!
For the base
- 60 g sugar
- 150 g butter
- 250 g Digestive biscuits or similar
- Melt the butter on a low heat.
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor until they have a sandy texture.
- Mix the crushed biscuits and the sugar, then add the melted butter and mix
- In a springform tin of about 21cm diameter, press the crushed biscuits down into the bottom using the back of a spoon to help you.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
For the cream-cheese mixture
- 3 eggs
- 150 g sugar
- 195 g mascarpone cream
- 390 g Philadelphia style cream-cheese
- Mix the cream-cheese and the sugar in the food processor and then add the
- mascarpone. Mix again.
- Add the eggs one by one, until you have a smooth mixture
To assemble the cheesecake
- 3 Pink Lady® apples
- 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Using an apple corer, remove the cores from the Pink Lady® apples.
- Leaving the skin intact, cut round slices of apple. Cut each round in half, giving
- you semi-circles.
- Sprinkle your apple slices with a little lemon juice to prevent them from turning
- Arrange the apple slices on top of the biscuit base.
- Pour the cream-cheese mixture over the apples.
- Bake in the oven for one hour and leave to cool.
For the sauce
- 50 g sugar
- 400 g raspberries
- 1 sheet gelatine
- 100 g strawberries
- Soak the gelatine leaf for 8 minutes in cold water.
- Hull the strawberries and cut them in half.
- Put the raspberries, strawberries and sugar in a pan. Simmer to reduce for 10
- Drain the gelatine and beat it with a fork, then pour into the sauce and mix.
- Pour the sauce over the cheesecake and enjoy!
Pink Lady® top tip
To ensure your cheesecake bakes perfectly, place a bowl of boiling water in the bottom of the oven!