A Pink Lady® apple yule log for Christmas is possible! Filled with an apple mousse and pink ganache, this log is light, pretty and delicious all at o…
A Pink Lady® apple yule log for Christmas is possible! Filled with an apple mousse and pink ganache, this log is light, pretty and delicious all at once. Making a log requires time! Be patient, follow the steps carefully and everything will turn out. Happy holidays!
Prepare the cake
- 4 egg yolks
- 75 g sugar
- 40 g butter
- A bit of any flavourless oil
- 3 egg whites
- 75 g white flour
Prepare the Pink Lady® apple mousse
- 1 Pink Lady® apple
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 25 g butter
- 1 egg
- 85 g whipping cream
Prepare the ganache
- 30 g whole milk
- 150 g mascarpone cream
- 30 g whipping cream
- 100 g white chocolate
- 50 ml beet juice* (optional/can be replaced by pome)
Putting the yule log together
- Little sugar Christmas decorations
Prepare the cakePrepare the Pink Lady® apple moussePrepare the ganachePutting the yule log together
- Preheat the oven to 230°C.
- Melt the butter.
- Put some baking paper on a 30cm x 40cm baking sheet and brush it with a bit of oil.
- With an electric mixer, whip the egg yolks with 75g of sugar for 3 minutes.
- Add the flour to the egg yolks and mix carefully.
- Beat the egg whites with the tablespoon of sugar until stiff.
- Add the butter and the egg whites to the egg yolk mixture. Mix very carefully, if possible with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the dough onto the baking paper and spread it over the whole surface. Leave the bubbles as they will make the cake spongy and light.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Oil a work surface, turn the cake over onto it, and take off the baking paper. Place a clean dish towel over top and let it cool.
- Peel and dice the Pink Lady® apple.
- Put the apple cubes into a saucepan with the butter. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sugar, turn the heat up to caramelise the apples while stirring. They should turn a nice amber colour.
- Let cool.
- Separate the egg white and yolk.
- Beat the egg white until stiff.
- Whip the cream with the rest of the sugar until it stiffens.
- Once the apples have cooled, add the egg yolk and blend everything for a smooth, applesauce texture.
- Add the beaten egg white and the whipped cream to the applesauce and mix carefully. Store in the refrigerator.
- Mix the cream and the milk. Bring to a boil.
- Break the chocolate and add it to the boiling mixture. Turn the heat down.
- Mix until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Cool for one hour in the refrigerator.
- Whip together the cream-chocolate, the mascarpone and the beet juice.
- Spread the apple mousse on the cake.
- Roll the cake.
- Spread the pink ganache all over the log.
- Decorate with the Christmas-shaped sugar pieces.
- Keep in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it
Pink Lady® top tip
Serve with a Clairette de Die, a Crément d\’Alsace or a Moscato d’Asti**! **Drink responsibly.