While the trees are in blossom, bees toil away in Pink Lady® orchards to pollinize the flowers. It is the perfect moment to try this new recipe for a…
While the trees are in blossom, bees toil away in Pink Lady® orchards to pollinize the flowers. It is the perfect moment to try this new recipe for a Pink Lady® apple cake with pecan nuts and honey.
- 3 Pink Lady® apples
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp mixed flower honey
- 80 g caster sugar
- 1 packet baking powder
- 200 g white flour
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 50 g of pecan nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Chop the butter into small cubes and leave it to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Add the caster sugar and beat until it becomes creamy.
- Blend in the eggs. Sieve the flour and baking powder together, then add to the mixture.
- Roughly crush the pecan nuts using a pestle and mortar or a knife and stir into the mix.
- Add the honey and stir again.
- Grease a loaf tin and sprinkle with flour, then add the cake mix.
- Peel the Pink Lady® apples and remove the cores using a corer.
- Push the Pink Lady® apples gently into the cake mix and bake the cake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- When the cake is cooked, leave it at room temperature to cool completely and then remove from the tin. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with crushed pecan nuts before serving.