Pink Lady® apple cake with pecan nuts and honey
While the trees are in blossom, bees toil away in Pink Lady® orchards to pollinize the flowers. It is the perfect moment to try this new recipe for a Pink Lady® apple cake with pecan nuts and honey. Find out more
- 3 Pink Lady® apples
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp mixed flower honey
- 80 g caster sugar
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 200 g white flour
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 50 g of pecan nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Chop the butter into small cubes and leave it to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Add the caster sugar and beat until it becomes creamy.
- Blend in the eggs. Sieve the flour and baking powder together, then add to the mixture.
- Roughly crush the pecan nuts using a pestle and mortar or a knife and stir into the mix.
- Add the honey and stir again.
- Grease a loaf tin and sprinkle with flour, then add the cake mix.
- Peel the Pink Lady® apples and remove the cores using a corer.
- Push the Pink Lady® apples gently into the cake mix and bake the cake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- When the cake is cooked, leave it at room temperature to cool completely and then remove from the tin. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with crushed pecan nuts before serving.
Find inspiration with other recipes
- Main dishes