Multi-coloured beetroot and apple carpaccio, with passion fruit and honey scallops
We’ve included honey, one of nature’s natural remedies, in this savoury spring-inspired dish. Pink Lady®’s herby notes complement the passion fruit and flowery tones of acacia honey, which, in turn, reveals the apple’s sophisticated sharpness. This fruit and vegetable carpaccio brings a delicate touch to the salty and ‘earthy’ flavour of the scallops and root vegetables. This is a light starter evocative of spring in all its colourful glory! Find out more
- 1 Pink Lady® apple
- 1 half lime
- Sea salt
- 2 tsp acacia honey
- 1 passion fruits
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 raw red beetroot
- 1 raw yellow beetroot
- 1 raw chioggia beetroot
- 1 red meat radish
- 1 pinch of of beansprouts
- 1 pinch of of grilled and salted peanuts
- 6 super fresh scallops
- Remove the apple core and thinly slice using a mandolin. Squeeze over the juice of half a lime.
- Freeze the scallops for 15 minutes to make slicing easier. Slice thinly. Set aside.
- Peel the vegetables. Slice thinly. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the pulp of the passion fruit, the honey, lemon juice, a little zest and olive oil. Season. Set aside.
- Chop the peanuts.
- 5 minutes before serving, pour a little of the passion fruit-honey dressing over the scallops.
Rate this recipe
Find inspiration with other recipes
- Main dishes