Mini spring burgers with Pink Lady® apple chutney
The summer season is here, so let’s enjoy our evenings outside with a mini spring burger made with two Pink Lady®apples! Golden seeded buns bursting with fresh flavour, where the apple reveals fruity fragrance in a sweet and sour compote, and its green notes in a fan of raw apple. Pink Lady® apple chutney that melts in the mouth and is perfumed with cardamom is spread on the buns. Raw Pink Lady® apple brings a touch of acidity and crispness. In this dance of flavours, led by the Pink Lady® apple, sun-baked strawberries provide a touch of sweetness and rocket shoots add spice, while thin slices of coppa reveal an intense flavour, and the sheeps’ cheese rounds it off. Subtle and bold, these mini spring burgers will impress your guests at cocktail hour! Find out more
For Pink Lady® apple chutney:
- 2 Pink Lady® apple
- 200 ml apple cider vinegar
- 50 g cane sugar
- 600 ml water
- 4 pinches of Cardamom
- 2 pinches of pepper
- 1 shallot
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Peel the shallot and Pink Lady® apples. Thinly chop the
- shallot. Dice the Pink Lady® apples and squeeze lemon over the top.
- In a saucepan, add olive oil, the shallot and allow to
- lightly brown. Add apples, a few drops of lemon, cider vinegar and water. Leave to simmer for 20 min.
- Add sugar, pepper and cardamom, and allow to stew over a low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Mix to obtain a smooth ‘compote’ texture.
For the burgers:
- 2 Pink Lady® apple
- 1 half lemon
- 250 g strawberries
- 100 g Tomme (cheese made from sheep’s milk)
- Cut your Pink Lady® apple in 4 and then, using a
- mandolin, cut thin strips. Squeeze lemon over the slices to avoid oxidation.
- Using a small galley knife, remove the stalk from the
- strawberries and slice them lengthways.
- Grate shavings of sheep cheese.
- 100 g rocket shoots
- 12 minis bread burgers with poppy seeds and sesame to order from your baker
- 12 thin slices of coppa ham
- Cut the buns in half with a bread knife.
- Spread the Pink Lady® apple chutney inside the rolls,
- then arrange the coppa, sheeps’ cheese shavings, rocket, strawberry chunks, Pink
- Lady raw apple slices and 2 leaves of basil inside
Pink Lady® top tip
You can replace the strawberries withcherries that complement the sheeps’ cheese and the peppery notes of the rocketvery well !
Find inspiration with other recipes
- Main dishes