A delicious dessert with a Mexican touch at the heart of winter. Bring out the sombreros ! As well as their colour, Pink Lady® apples are valued for…
A delicious dessert with a Mexican touch at the heart of winter. Bring out the sombreros ! As well as their colour, Pink Lady® apples are valued for their fragrance, their flavours, crunchiness and firmness. When flambéed in Mezcal, they will hit you with an explosion of flavours that will inevitably set off a wave of latino delirium !
- 1 Pink Lady® apple / person
- Mexican spices (or various types of chilli powder)
- Granulated raw cane sugar (not syrup)
- Vanilla ice-cream
- Cut the cored and peeled apple into 3 thick slices.
- Dip and cover in the cane sugar and spice mix.
- Roast in butter and let both sides caramelize.
- Deglaze using lime juice, then flambé with Mezcal.
- Serve with ice-cream between each slice in order to put the apple back together.
- Add the final touch by covering with the sauce (reduced caramel juice).