PREPARING THE PASTRY
- 1 tsp salt
- 75 g caster sugar
- 300 ml milk
- 50 g melted butter
- 625 g plain flour
- 14 g of fast acting yeast
PREPARING THE GARNISH
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 75 g sultanas
- 50 g mixed peel
- 1 grated Pink Lady®
- 1 ½ tsp All spice
PREPARING THE PASTRYPREPARING THE GARNISHCOOKING PROCESS
- Heat 300mls milk to ~37C and stir in 50g melted butter.
- In a bowl, combine 550g plain flour, 1 tsp salt, 75g caster sugar and 14g (2 sachets) of fast acting yeast.
- Make a well in the dry mixture, pour in the milk mixture and stir with a knife until just combined.
- In a stand mixer or on a floured surface, knead the dough for ~5minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Transfer to an oiled bowl, cover and leave to prove for 1 hour.
- After an hour, add 75g sultanas, 50g mixed peel, 1 grated Pink Lady®, 1 tbsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp all spice to the dough and knead until evenly combined.
- Place in an oiled bowl and leave to rise for another hour.
- Once doubled in size, separate dough into 14 equal parts (~80g) and form into balls.
- Transfer to lined baking tray, cover with clean towel and leave to double in size.
- Once doubled, combine 75g plain flour with 5 tbsp water until a loose paste is formed.
- Place in a piping bag and pipe the cross pattern on each of the buns.
- Bake in the oven at 200C for 20minutes.
- Once cooled, melt 3tbsp orange marmalade and glaze the top of each bun.