Grilled beef medallion and crunchy Pink Lady® apply salsa.
Let’s prepare for summer plancha time with a medallion that melts in the mouth and is grilled to perfection. We are serving this tender and juicy meat with an elegant Pink Lady® and celery salsa. The latter, fresh, powerful and lively, marries well with raw Pink Lady® apple, revealing its green aromas. The balance of sweetness and acidity and its pleasant fruity notes, the Pink Lady® contrasts with the power of celery. An almond-curry sauce, combined with a few toasted almonds, awakens the full-bodied spicy flavours of the nut, thanks to its natural oils. The dish’s combinations enhance the crunchy and aromatic notes of the Pink Lady® apple. Find out more
For the Pink Lady® apple salsa:
- 1 Pink Lady® apple
- 1 half lemon
- salt and pepper
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 2 celery leaves
- Dice the Pink Lady® and sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Dice the celery.
- Mix the two.
- Add olive oil and lemon juice. Season. Set aside.
For the beef medallion:
- salt and pepper
- 10 g butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 200 g medallions of beef filet prepared by your butcher
- Remove from fridge 30 minutes before serving. They must be at room temperature.
- Melt the butter and olive oil.
- Add the beef medallions to a hot pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned. Season
- and set aside on a plate.
For the sauce:
- 2 shallots
- 900 ml white wine
- 6 tbsp almond paste
- 4 celery leaves
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Finely chop the shallots.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine. Add the shallots and celery leaves and allow to reduce.
- Remove the leaves when the liquid has reduced by three quarters.
- Add the curry powder and almond paste and stir well.
- Cook on alow heat for two minutes.
- rock salt
- 30 g whole toasted almonds
- 6 sprigs of chervil
- fresh celery leaves
- Toast the almonds in a dry frying pan and then roughly chop them.
- Use a cookie/scone cutter to make a perfect circle of sauce on the plate. Place themedallion on top and the salsa to the side of it.
- Sprinkle the toasted almonds on the top along with and the celery leaves and rock salt.
- Sprinkle chervil and rock salt on the salsa.
Pink Lady® top tip
You can replace the white wine with a stock cube.
Find inspiration with other recipes