French-toast style ginger bread with caramelised Pink Lady® and vanilla mascarpone cream.
- 3 eggs
- 1 vanilla pod
- 30 g butter
- 2 Pink Lady® apples
- 50 g caster sugar
- 12 small slices of ginger bread
- 400 ml milk
- 200 g mascarpone
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 2 dessert spoons of honey
- 2 pinches ground cinnamon
- Peel, core and slice a Pink Lady® apple width wise.
- Place the butter, cinnamon and honey in a frying pan and caramelise the Pink Lady® slices for approximately 10 minutes.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl, add the milk and the caster sugar and whisk. Melt a knob of butter in a second frying pan. Quickly dip the gingerbread slices in the egg mix and then cook for 2.5 minutes on each side.
- Chop the second Pink Lady® into thin sticks and set aside.
- Pour the mascarpone and vanilla sugar in a small bowl, scrape the seeds out of the vanilla pods. Mix together.
- Arrange the gingerbread French toast on a plate, add a slice of cooked Pink Lady®, a scoop of vanilla mascarpone and add a few sticks of raw Pink Lady®. Serve immediately.
Rate this recipe
Find inspiration with other recipes
- Main dishes