- 4 Pink Lady® apples
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- 1 vanilla pod
- 80 g sugar
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 duck breasts
- 2 oranges
- 1 packet Earl Grey tea
- Core the Pink Lady® apples, place them in a cast iron saucepan, add a large cup of infused tea, the lemon juice,
- half of the sugar, the nutmeg and the scraped vanilla pod. Let it cook and reduce.
- Finish cooking in the oven, 20 minutes at 180°C, to dry out the Pink Lady® apples.
- Scrub the oranges under running water and grate the zest. Press the juice.
- Cook the duck breasts (without adding oil or butter) on high heat for 6 minutes on the skin side. Turn and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season and keep warm.
- Empty the fat from the frying pan. Sprinkle sugar on the empty frying pan and let it caramelise, then pour in the
- balsamic vinegar, the orange juice and the orange zest.
- Add the apples, which have been cut in two.
- Let reduce over high heat.
- Pink Lady® apples
- Slice the duck breasts, cover them in sauce and serve with the apples.
Pink Lady® top tip
Use a stainless steel circle 8 to 10cm in diameter for perfect presentation of the duck breast slices on each plate.