Brie and roasted Pink Lady® apple feuilletés
An unexpected winter flavour combination ! To kick-start the year, the famous blogger Plus une miette has put forward an original winter recipe which combines the richness of Pink Lady® apple flavours and the subtle and delicate taste of brie ! Find out more
- 2 Pink Lady® apples
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 60 g salted butter
- 1 rectangular puff pastry sheet
- 220 g of brie
- 4 tsp of apple jelly
- Fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Wash and cut the Pink Lady® apples into thin slices.
- Place the apple slices, the butter and the maple syrup in an oven dish.
- Mix slightly and bake for around 25 minutes, until the apples become softer and the juice thickens into a jelly.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a sheet of baking paper, and cut out 4 identical rectangles.
- Cut the brie into 4 pieces and put one on each puff pastry rectangle.
- Spread a teaspoon of Pink Lady® apple jelly on each piece of brie, then fold the puff pastry back onto the brie in order to form a small feuilleté.
- Brush the puff pastry with the beaten egg and sprinkle with raw cane sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the pastry is golden-brown.
- Place a spoonful of roasted Pink Lady® apples on the feuilleté and sprinkle lightly with thyme before serving.
Find inspiration with other recipes