Can you feel that fresh breeze? Make the most of spring’s fresh herbs to zest up your salads! For a change, tabbouleh gets a makeover with quinoa, coriander and apples, to make your mouth water!
- 1 Pink Lady® apple
- 3 shallots
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 half tsp / ½ tsp salt
- 3 glasses water
- 2 lemons
- 1 half tsp / ½ tsp pink peppercorns
- 1 A handful of fresh coriander
- 1 small glass of white quinoa
- 1 small glass of red quinoa
- Mix the two types of quinoa together and rinse them in a chinois strainer or a very fine sieve. Pour the quinoa into a saucepan with the water. Bring to a boil and let boil without covering for 10 minutes. Once the water has evaporated, turn off the heat, cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Remove the cover and let cool for at least one hour.
- When the quinoa is cold, wash the Pink Lady® apple and peel the shallots.
- Slice the apple and then the shallots into small cubes and finely chop the coriander. Add this mixture to the quinoa.
- Press the lemons for the juice and mix it with the olive oil. Drizzle this over the tabbouleh.
- Add the salt and the freshly ground pink pepper. Mix and serve
Pink Lady® top tip
Feel free to adapt the recipe to what you have in the cupboard. For instance, you can replace the lemon with vinegar, the shallots with onions, and you can use only white quinoa if you are out of red quinoa.