Pink Lady® Apple Caviar
Pink Lady® apple caviar in verrines is a simple recipe. It makes an ideal and sophisticated accompaniment to pre-meal drinks with friends or family! The sweet and slightly sharp taste of Pink Lady® apples provides sweetness and balance to the saltiness of the crab, the heat of scallions, and the ‘green’ and earthy flavours of cucumber and bean sprouts. They also bring crunch to the soft textures of crab and avocado. This dish is both elegant and original, and can easily be added to any summer menu! Find out more
- 1 Pink Lady® apple
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 scallion
- 1 lime
- 1 avocado
- Espelette chilli pepper
- Sea salt
- 1 third cucumber
- 120 g crab meat
- 30 g bean sprouts
- Peel, stone and dice the avocado.
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthways and remove the seeds
- Finely dice the cucumber, scallions and the Pink Lady® apple.
- Finely chop the crab meat.
- Put the ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk the lime juice with the olive oil. Add the salt.
- Pour the dressing over the caviar and lightly mix.
- Spoon the caviar into the verrines.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Before serving, decorate the caviar with bean sprouts and sprinkle with Espelette pepper.
Pink Lady® top tip
You can replace the bean sprouts with a few finely chopped coriander leaves and the scallions with spring onions.