The Association Pink Lady® Europe is based on 4 pillars that have always been at its core: consumers, growers, growing areas and the environment.
From tree nurseries to the shipment of apples, the Pink Lady® Europe network is committed to doing everything in its power to guarantee a healthy and quality product resulting from sustainable production, for all.
Discover our 14 key commitments:
Improving our impact
1. Developing agro-ecological practices
Our growers are all certified via sustainable procedures and are committed to:
- Developing and preserving biodiversity in the orchard.
- Protecting pollinators (bees, bumblebees etc).
- Always opting for natural protection methods.
- Using decision support tools (weather station, modelling) to reduce interventions.
- Being regularly controlled by independent organizations.
Acting towards local
economic and social development
5. Maintaining employment in our historical production areas: this concerns around 10 000 jobs in France, Italy and Spain.Find out more
6. Giving priority to young growers who wish to get set up in order to guarantee the renewal of generations.
7. Facilitating relationships betweens local residents and Pink Lady® growers.
Supporting the sustainability
8. Maintaining a fair income for their work (98% of growers consider it satisfactory).
9. Improving the work environment of Pink Lady® network employees:
- By creating a welcome charter for seasonal workers.
- Via the certification of all growers and packing stations according to professional safety, health and ethics standards.
Cultivating a relationship
based on trust and proximity
12. Guaranteeing a healthy, natural and quality product by implementing agricultural best practices.Find out more
13. Guaranteeing access to the origin of each lot by 2025.
14. Increasing the number of meeting points with growers (agricultural shows, orchard open days etc.).