Pink Lady® Market-Fresh Springtime Tartlets
Spring is upon us, and Pink Lady® has created a vitamin-rich, crisp, colourful tart to energize you! The delicious shortcrust pastry, flavoured with parmesan, is garnished with a mix of spring vegetables, straight from the market. The Pink Lady® apple adds a remarkable sweetness to this mix of glazed vegetables, contrasting with the strong flavours of the parmesan and black pepper. Combining crunchy and smooth textures, here is a Pink Lady® tart that will surprise your guests during an elegant picnic in the countryside! Find out more
For the parmesan shortcrust pastry
- 220 g flour
- 5 g salt
- 40 g parmesan
- 125 g butter at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbsp ice water
- dried chickpeas or beans, etc. for blind-baking the pastry
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Grate the parmesan.
- Mix the butter with the egg yolk.
- Add the flour, parmesan and salt and mix quickly.
- Pour two spoonfuls of water and mix the dough, without working it too much. If necessary, add some of the remaining water. The dough must not be sticky. Shape the dough into a ball, flatten it slightly, cover it with stretch wrap and then chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Spread the dough thinly on a flour-covered worktop.
- Grease the 6 tins.
- Press the dough down flat into each tin and prick it with a fork.
- Place a small circle of wax paper on the bottom of the pie shell and place the dried beans on top of it. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the dried beans and the wax paper 5 minutes before the end of baking, to brown the crust.
For the glazed vegetables
- 2 Pink Lady® apples
- 4 tsp sugar
- 3 small young carrots
- 1 half courgette
- 3 small turnips
- 12 pea pods
- 6 mangetout peas
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 50 g butter
- 3 pinches of thyme
- Core the apples and cut them into small quarters. Pour lemon juice over them to keep them from turning brown.
- Peel the carrots and turnips.
- Cut the carrots in half.
- Cut the turnips into four pieces.
- Shell the peas.
- Remove any strings from the mangetout peas.
- Cut the courgettes in half and then cut them again in four. The pieces must be the same size.
- Glaze the apples and vegetables one after the other with 7 g of butter and half a teaspoon of sugar. To do so, first melt the butter with the sugar, a pinch of salt and a pinch of thyme, in a frying pan. Arrange the apples or vegetables in the frying pan, but not too close together. Next, cover the vegetables halfway-up with water. Cut some wax paper to the diameter of the frying pan and cover the vegetables with it. Cook the vegetables for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the type. They must be cooked, but they should stay crisp. Set aside.
Assembling the tartlets
- 6 chive stems
- 15 g parmesan
- 1 half tsp ground pepper
- Let the pie shells cool after baking.
- Make the tartlets by arranging the pieces of glazed vegetables on the pie shells.
- Cut the chives with scissors.
- Make parmesan shavings with a potato peeler.
- Sprinkle the tartlets with chives, a few shavings of parmesan, fleur de sel and pepper.
- Enjoy right away!
Pink Lady® top tip
You can replace the chives with other herbs such as basil, oregano or mint!
Find inspiration with other recipes
- Main dishes
- Main dishes