Pink Lady apples in bulgur wheat with honey roast chicken
With the promise of spring, the days get longer and mealtimes are transformed as the temperature gradually rises. So here is filling salad that is perfect to take to work, enjoy as a balanced meal and share with the girls! Both sweet and a little sharp, Pink Lady® apples bring a fresh and crunchy quality to this dish! Find out more
For the salad
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 160 g bulgur wheat
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp mustard grains
- 1 tsp cumin
- 120 g mixed salad leaves
- 2 carrots
- 2 spring onions
- 10 sprigs of coriander
- 60 g cashew nuts
- Cook the bulgur wheat as instructed on the packet.
- Grind the mustard grains with the cardamom powder and cumin using a pestle and mortar.
- Mix the honey, two dessert spoons of olive oil, the cider vinegar and add the spices.
- Cut the chicken into fairly thick strips
- Put the chicken in the marinade, cover with food wrap and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and grill the chicken in a dessert spoon of oil for approximately 15 minutes. Towards the end of the cooking time, pour the marinade over the chicken coating it. Remove from the grill when the marinade has caramelised.
- Cut the Avocado into large strips and squeeze over a little lemon juice.
- Cut the carrots into fine strips using a vegetable peeler.
- Finely chop the spring onions.
- Finely chop the coriander and the cashew nuts.
For the marinated apples
- 2 Pink Lady® apples
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp honey
- Chop one Pink Lady® apple into strips and finely dice the other.
- Mix the cider vinegar and the honey together. Share this mixture between two bowls and put the strips of apple in one and the finely diced apple in the other. Marinade for 15 minutes.
For the sauce
- salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 and ½ tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp Juice of a lemon
- Whisk the lemon juice, honey and oil together.
- A bit of cashew nuts
- Drain and mix the diced apple with the bulgur wheat
- Take two large plates, spread over some mixed salad leaves, bulgur wheat mixture, avocado, carrot, spring onions, apple strips and grilled chicken.
- Sprinkle over the coriander and cashew nuts. Pour on the dressing, serve and enjoy!
Pink Lady® top tip
This dish can be adapted to suit whatever veg you have in your fridge or whatever veg is in season!
Find inspiration with other recipes
- Main dishes
- Main dishes