For an original starter, try a savoury Pink Lady® apple mille-feuille! The tanginess of the Pink Lady® apple combines delicately with savoury ingredients, such as viande de grison (air-dried beef). It adds freshness and sweetness, lightening up this flavourful recipe, blending the peppery tones of the rocket salad, the woody, roasted notes of the pine nuts and the intensity of the dried beef. A fine balance of textures, combining crunchy apples and pine nuts, soft beef and creamy light sauce with a touch of lemon zest. Impress your guests with this simple yet spectacular recipe!
- 5 Pink Lady® apples
- Espelette chilli pepper
- Sea salt
- 40 g pine nuts
- 2 lemons
- 300 g Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp fruity olive oil
- 24 slices slices viande de grison
- Beat the Greek yoghurt with a drizzle of olive oil and the zest from half a lemon. Salt and pepper. Chill in refrigerator.
- Squeeze the lemons.
- Core four Pink Lady® apples using an apple corer.
- Slice the apples into 3 mm strips using a mandoline slicer and pour lemon juice over them.
- Cut the last apple into julienne strips using the mandoline slicer and pour lemon juice over them.
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan.
- Cut the grison beef slices into 4 pieces each
- 140 g arugula
- Assemble the mille-feuilles by arranging one slice of apple topped by a few slices of beef, a few julienne apple slices, two rocket leaves, a bit of light lemon cream sauce and a few pine nuts. Repeat for the four other mille-feuilles.
- Finish each mille-feuille with a slice of apple topped with a dollop of light lemon cream, julienned apple and some rocket leaves. Decorate with pine nuts and a pinch of Espelette pepper.
- Place each mille-feuille on a bed of rocket salad, drizzle some olive oil over and sprinkle with fleur de sel.
Pink Lady® top tip
Get creative by adding all sorts of toasted seeds and nuts to this recipe: almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts and sesame seeds!