Miss Chou Pink Lady® is the ideal summer treat! This refreshing and fruity pastry is a perfect blend of crunchy strips and chunks and creamy melt-in-the-mouth apple with the zesty flavours of currant, raspberry and lemon. You’ll love it!
For the choux pastry
- 160 g flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 100 g butter
- 250 ml water
- Bring the water, butter and salt to boil in a saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Gradually fold in the flour.
- Cook the mixture for 5 minutes and leave to cool.
- Add the eggs one by one and mix in
- Fill a pastry bag with the mixture.
- Make a number of 7cm sticks on a baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 200°c.
- Remove from oven and remove sticks from tray.
- Leave to stand on a wire rack.
For the apple and lemon cream
- 2 Pink Lady® apples
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 lemon
- 4 egg yolks
- 130 g sugar
- 125 g butter
- Soak the gelatine sheets in cold water.
- Peel and dice the Pink Lady® apple.
- Sprinkle the diced apple with the juice of half a lemon.
- Melt the apples for about ten minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend the mixture.
- Add the sugar, the pieces of butter and the zest of a lemon quarter.
- Dilute the corn flour with the remaining lemon juice.
- Pour the corn flour into the sauce, whisk and bring the mixture to the boil.
- Add the softened gelatine and whisk the apple and lemon cream.
- Cool. Leave to stand for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove the apple and lemon cream from the refrigerator and whisk before filling a pastry bag
For the garnish
- 1 half lemon
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 100 g raspberries
- 100 g currants
- Cut a small window in the top of the eclairs.
- Fill the eclairs with the cream.
- Cut the Pink Lady® apples in fine julienne strips then sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Decorate the top of the eclairs with the julienne strips of Pink Lady® apples, the raspberries and the mint.
- Sprinkle the eclairs with a little lemon zest
Pink Lady® top tip
Add praline to the eclairs for an even crunchier taste!