Little Pink Lady® apple pies with black pudding
Fancy a change from tradition black pudding and apple? Try this pie with onions, Pink Lady® apples and black pudding. It is crispy on the outside and deliciously melty on the inside. Find out more
- 2 Pink Lady® apples
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sheet ready-made puff pastry
- 1 black pudding
- 1 dash of five-spice powder
- 2 onions
- Quarter, core and dice the Pink Lady® apples. Peel and mince the onions. Pour the olive oil into a frying pan, heat the oil and then brown the onions. When the onions become translucent, add the apple cubes and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Slice the raw black pudding into rounds and mix with the apples, then season with salt and pepper and 5-spice powder.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180°C for 15 to 20 minutes, until the crusts are golden.
Pink Lady® top tip
Fill 4 ramekins with this mixture. Cut 4 circles out of the puff pastry, slightly larger than the diameter of the ramekins. Carefully place the dough circle on the ramekin and secure with kitchen string.