Caramelised Pink Lady cupcakes topped with Speculoos cream and a witch s hat
Halloween is coming and Pink Lady® has a thriller of a cupcake recipe for you! With a flick of your wand, your Halloween dessert will enchant your guests. The caramelised Pink Lady® apples with a Speculoos (cinnamon sugar) cream will bewitch both children and adults. The sharpness of Pink Lady® apples combines perfectly with the smoothness of a light mascarpone and Speculoos cream. The soft texture of the cake and cream combined with the crunch of the biscuits strikes the right balance Pink Lady®® is donning a witch’s hats in this amusing, festive and delicious recipe. Enchant your guests! Find out more
For the cake
- 1 Pink Lady® apple
- 110 g flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 vanilla pod
- 50 g sugar
- 40 g butter
- 30 g ground almond
- 6 g yeast
- 1 egg
- 150 g crème fraîche
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Slice the vanilla pod lengthways and scrape out the seeds.
- Peel and finely dice the Pink Lady® apples.
- In a frying pan, melt 10 g of butter and cook the Pink Lady® apples on a low heat.
- Add 1 dessert spoon of sugar and the vanilla seeds. Caramelise. Set aside to cool.
- Melt the rest of the butter
- Whisk the egg with 50 g of sugar.
- Add the melted butter and crème fraîche to mixed egg and sugar.
- Combine the flour, almond powder, baking powder and salt in another mixing bowl
- Incorporate the liquid mixture being careful not to mix too vigorously
- Add the caramelised apples. Gently mix together.
- Pour the preparation into greased cupcake moulds
- Oven bake for 20 to 25 minutes then leave to cool
For the topping
- 125 g Speculoos paste
- 250 g mascarpone cream
- Combine the mascarpone and Speculoos paste.
Icing the cupcakes
- 2 Speculoos biscuits
- Fill a piping bag with the mascarpone cream
- Decorate the cupcakes with the topping.
- Smash up the biscuits.
- Sprinkle the broken biscuit on top.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes before serving.
Pink Lady® top tip
Have fun with homemade decorations for Halloween!