Muffins with Pink Lady® apples, goat cheese and Provence-style herbs
Posted on 9/6/12
By Pink Lady® Apple
Muffins for every occasion! Enjoy at lunch accompanied by arugula salad, as an afternoon snack with black tea or for Sunday brunch!
- Preparation (in minutes)*:20
- Cooking time (in minutes):20
- 1 Pink Lady® apple
- 1 clove of garlic
- 100g goat cheese
- 2 tbsp. pine nuts
- 3 eggs
- 1 serving whole milk yoghurt (cow’s milk)
- 100ml olive oil + a little oil for the paper cases
- 100g powdered almonds
- 200g white flour (T65)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Dice the Pink Lady © apple, taking care to remove the core and the pips.
3. Peel and thinly slice the garlic, then the goat cheese.
4. Dry-fry the pine nuts for one minute or so in a frying pan.
5. Chop the herbs.
6. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the olive oil and yoghurt. Add the diced apple and cheese. Mix well.
7. In a separate bowl, mix the flour with the powdered almonds, baking powder, salt, pepper and herbs.
8. Incorporate the wet mixture into the dry and mix gently with a spatula. Don’t worry if the mixture is not entirely smooth.
9. Oil the muffin cases well and fill them ¾ full with the mixture.
10. Place in the oven for 20 minutes and finish off with 5 minutes under the grill to give the muffins a golden crust.
11. Leave to cool for 15 minutes before removing from the cases.
For melt-in-the-mouth muffins, be sure to work the muffin mixture gently and leave any small lumps. Over-mixing will produce rock hard muffins! It is recommended to use a spatula to mix the muffin mixture. This affordable kitchen utensil can be bought in any general store.